We seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. CARE International will be a global force and a partner of choice within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We will be known everywhere for our unshakable commitment to the dignity of people.
CARE’s reason for being is to affirm the dignity and worth of individuals and families in some of the poorest communities of the world. We seek to relieve human suffering, to provide economic opportunity, to build sustained capacity for self-help, and to affirm the ties of human beings everywhere. We are committed to pursuing our mission with excellence because the people whom we serve - beneficiaries and donors - deserve nothing less.
CARE Tanzania’s Core Values “CARED”
The following core values guide CARE Tanzania’s work and how the staff of CARE Tanzania relates to colleagues, partners and program stakeholders. They are:
COMMITMENT: Within CARE we depend on one another’s efforts to succeed. We are committed to our work and to our partners to achieve mutual goals.
- Build partnerships with other organizations that will help us fulfil our shared purposes.
- Encourage partnership in designing, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Learn from and support one another to acquire the skills and knowledge to fulfil our personal and professional aspirations.
- Work with dedication and individual commitment.
- Celebrate staff and partners’ achievement on the work we do.
- Demonstrate proper interpretation and application of policies that influence
- communities to assume active roles in improving their livelihoods.
- Promote “work-life” balance.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We take responsibility for our decisions, actions and resources entrusted to us, and account for the use and results of these to the
stakeholders for and with whom we work.
- Effectively and faithfully fulfil our roles as agreed with partners.
- Use good judgment in the use of financial and material resources entrusted to us.
- Promote transparency in all our dealing with partners, staff, donors and others.
- Highlight problems at an early stage, report them and seek solutions.
- Be accountable to the communities we serve.
RESPECT: We recognize and value the worth, potential and dignity of every human being.
- Treat others with tolerance, empathy and fairness.
- Recognize the intrinsic worth and dignity of all people.
- Support mentoring based on mutual respect
- Provide the opportunities for individuals to work for and shape their development.
EFFECTIVENESS: We aim to work in a manner, which brings about positive change, both in our achievement of long-term and lasting goals, and in our use of resources.
- Seek, receive and act on feedback on the effects of our work.
- Effectively work in networks and build alliances.
- Effectively build teams across programs in support of our common purpose.
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity in our work.
- Learn from experience of previous work.
- Demonstrate curiosity, self-drive in learning about our work, about global CARE and about developments in the country.
DIVERSITY: We recognize and value the diversity of life. We seek to promote tolerance, understanding and equity amongst people and between people and other forms of life.
- Encourage and promote gender equity and diversity in ethnicity, race, religion, disability and nationality in the workplace.
- Solicit and consider ideas and diverse views in decision-making.
- Value the intrinsic worth of plants and animals.
- Minimize harm in our interaction with the environment.
- Recognize and value unique contribution of each individual staff member, community and partner.